Friday, January 13, 2012

Five Minute Friday ~ Awake

It's Friday time to write, unedited for five minutes. Join the rest of writing this Friday at The Gypsy Mama
Topic: Awake

I am slowly awakening to a side of me that has been lost for a long time. Last weekend I painted.
Now you might say that I have painted a lot in the last year, basements, vanities, various other projects but that is not the painting I am talking about.

Last weekend I got together with my Father (the Artist) and had him show me the basics again. How to paint a picture. A picture on pulled tight canvas. The oils mixed and the hour flew past.

That weekend has brought to mind the years in art classes, the hours watching my Father paint. Then I read this post and it hit me. With the photography and the decorating and the sewing there was still a piece of me missing. The piece I got from both an Earthly Father and a gift from a Heavenly Father. I need to create.

So this year I plan to awaken that artistic side again.

Cassi
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Love this, Cassi! We're all artists and it's beautiful to rediscover creativity. Celebrating it with you this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! can't wait to see. Nice to meet yoU!

    Love,
    Traci @ Ordinary Inspirations
    http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2012/01/awake.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is so exciting to hear. I'm so glad. I think we truly honor our Maker when we give our gifts back to him.

    Will you put a photo of one of your paintings on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful goal! You have full-fledged support behind you. Even from people like me, who've never met you, who've only just become introduced to you today, through this exercise. I am genuinely happy for what you are stepping into! Keep us posted? Maybe a picture or two? I LOVE art and revere those who can actually create it. I'm an admirer, not a maker of art.

    So congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love meeting fellow creatives! And, I love that we serve a God who loves to create! Journeying with you, my friend. Can't wait to see what the Lord does through your interest. Nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...