Monday, October 18, 2010

Inspire me Friday on Monday

I completely forgot to post the Inspire Me Friday. So here it is on Monday. I am still looking to redo my gallery wall in my living room. I posted some living room ideas here. Today I am focusing on just the wall, since that is where I can make the most change to the living room at this time.  A galley wall can make a huge impact on a room. One of the things I love about a galley wall is that it brings to like the owners loves. You can walk into a home and see by their gallery wall what is draws their interest.
Emily Clark
Of course if you have been reading some of my other posts you can see why this one holds my interest. It has two key features for me. One is the C is the left top side, since we have a collection of B's (here and here) I like how this one is incorporated into the gallery wall. I also like the addition of family photos. And that art deco mirror is fabulous!
Apartment 412
I love the textures in this one. The cross piece is perfect for it. But I think I love the number squares the most. They are very whimsical to me. I didn't see if they had meaning to the family, but if we incorporated important dates I think that would make the wall very personal. 
Isabella And Max Rooms
I really like the unity of this wall with the black and white. This doesn't work for what I have but I could see trying to find a space to do this. I also love the chalkboard additions to it. I have seen this in a couple gallery walls and love it but I am not sure I would know what to write. I also noticed that this wall has the same typewriter picture as the first one. I like that picture, might have to find it.
I also noticed in each one of these and from before that there needs to be what is called an anchor piece below the art work. I don't have that now but will be adding it. I can see how much it helps define the wall even though it is not apart of the wall.

I hope this has inspired you to make your own gallery wall.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I really like the top one. I have something similar on my dining room wall, but mine is boring. The top one inspires me to add a mirror and I too like the C. Thanks for sharing!

    Stopping over from TC Family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gallery wall has been in the works for about a year now. I work slowly... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a gallery wall too with black frames/white mattes, but it is nowhere near as cool as yours!!!!!!!

    We are planning to move soon and I have to say this wall is very inspiring. I love the letter and the chalkboard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is a gorgeous collection. I love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...