Monday, September 27, 2010

Masterpiece display

I hope you all were inspired by last Friday's post as I was. I have been busy making this child masterpiece display for our hallway.
This project was so easy! I found the back board out Michael's already sanded and sized to two feet. Then Mouse and I made a trip Home Depot and picked the trim piece to go on top of the backer. I then cut the trim to fit the back piece. Using a wood glue I connected the two pieces together.
Next I meant to sand the edges but I forget and painted the piece a chocolate brown. I also had bought this letter B at Michael's. I mod podged (that can be a verb right?) it with some scrapbook paper in pale blue. Then painted the edges with more the chocolate brown.
Once all these pieces dried I hot glued the B onto the back pieces and added the little pearl beads.
The final piece was the ribbons. I hung the board with little hangers I had then with double stick tape I hung the ribbon on the wall to get the right lengths. After words I took each piece and sewed the ring on to the bottom. The rings original use is to hang curtains.
And here is the final product, complete with masterpieces!

4 comments:

  1. I love it. I started taking photos of my youngest holding his artwork because of this very thing. Not enough places to display it. The display looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in awe of your talent, Cassi. Even if I thought I could do a project like this, I don't think I could find the energy. It looks GREAT! I'm sure Mouse loves it, too.

    http://kandilandblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much better than pictures on the fridge! Adorable~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...