Friday, February 13, 2015

When Deep Calls to Deep

Today is Five Minute Fridays so lets link up and write
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from my week Instagram feed that match the words of this week.
Topic: When
 
When Deep calls to Deep.

"Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me." ~ Psalm 42:7
 
Deep is used to refer to the 'calling' of our spirit to God's. I know this verse is meant as a call to God on the troubles that are breaking over the writer, but I have never seen it that way.
I do not fear the waves.  The water is my haven, the sound of the waves call to me.
I think of it more as the hymn
 
"O the deep, deep love of Jesus!
Vast, unmeasured, boundless, free!
Rolling as a mighty ocean
In its fullness over me!
Underneath me, all around me,
Is the current of Your love
Leading onward, leading homeward
To Your glorious rest above!"
~Words by Samuel Francis
 
When the Psalmist calls out Deep to Deep,  my spirit calls out to God, and his waves wash over me. They surround me like the mighty waves of the ocean.
Holding me a float.
Taking the weight of the world from me.
 
So I call out DEEP to DEEP for his waves of grace.
~ Cassi
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...