Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Maine ~ Mt Desert Island

This past week we spent four days in Maine at Mt Desert Island explore Acadia National Park. The park is amazing with breath taking views of the ocean surrounding it. That is if you go there on a day without fog. We only had one day without fog. But I love the look of fog so it was perfect for me.
I could watch the waves come in for hours. Some people like the sand between their toes, I like the waves against the rocks. Now Mouse on the other hand she loves the sand.  
Even cold below 50 degree water she will throw off those shoes and chase the waves. She does this at every coast line we've been to. It never gets old to her. Her giggles make us smile.  
Mt Desert Island, Acadia National Park, ME, East Coast, New England, Travel
This was our last morning at our cabin. I woke up at 6 to see there was no fog and the Fjord were over looked was perfectly still for the first time. The reflection took my breath away. We watched it for hours. I was so engrossed that Steve had to get my attention to notice three deer had wandered up to the cabin and were eating near us. I missed and good pictures of them.  
Mt Desert Island, Acadia National Park, ME, East Coast, New England, Travel
This trip was also a good reminder to this ocean lover that some times the best views aren't at the ocean. Jordan Pond is a 3.5 mile hike around this lake that had spectacular views from every angle.
Mt Desert Island, Acadia National Park, ME, East Coast, New England, Travel
Steve took this shot of the wood plank trail that encompasses half the lake. This is probably my second favorite picture from the week. He is really starting to out shine me in photography skills and I am OK with it. As long as I get shots like this to hang on my wall.  
Steve and I also celebrated 14 years of marriage on this trip. I love that we get to celebrate doing the thing we love most, traveling.
More on the rest of the trip later.
 
~ Cassi




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...