Thursday, August 25, 2011

The transformation of the basement

 The most viewed page on this blog is What I Wore Wednesday.  I look forward to the WIWW post every week.  I take part in the posts by taking the pictures.  Taking the pictures is the fun part for me.  Sometimes I try to take a picture that is not posed, more natural.  Some of those pictures have been used, most have been deleted.  Many of the pictures have been taken in our basement.  The basement has been in "finishing" stage for a while now. 
 I'm a little slow at this handyman stuff but I am getting the hang of it.  Going through the WIWW pictures I can see the progress we made.  Older pics show just the studs on the walls, then sheetrock, then sheetrock with mud and tape. As you can see in the background here:
Eventually there are pictures with paint on the wall.  Paint is finished as seen here.  The current step is working the trim around the windows and finishing the shelf on the walls.  Cassi is also shopping for flooring and furniture.  She has been a Craigslist junkie but I enjoy all the links she sends me.  We made small purchases so far on Craigslist.  We are still hoping for the big catch of a nice sofa.

Throughout the next few months we will post the continued work on the basement.  We hope in the end the basement is where we spend a lot of time.  Time crafting, watching TV, and wild games of air hockey!

~Steve
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I always get s ton of hits for my WIWW posts and only a few other days. I guess people like to see what we look like, I know I love seeing other people. I can relate too with the basement remodel, we are just starting on ours. We literally just started like yesterday but so far yours looks great! I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...