Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday ~ Dyed Addition

As I explained yesterday, I had a few shirts that had seen better days. So I decided to try my hand and dying. The first up was tired sweater and an old t-shirt. This was using RIT Dye. This process was 60 minutes in length. And the results was not so perfect. So a little DIY and the sweater was still wearable
Sweater: originally Target now from Me
Tank: Rag Stock
Skirt: No idea to long ago
Shoes: Target
Bracelet: Maurice's

The second sweater was one I found while thrifting. I loved it. It was BRIGHT white, that is until I got home and saw a big yellow stain on arm. I know, how did I not see it? So, I picked up Tulip Dye for this sweater. This was soo much easier. It only calls for 30 minutes and only having to stir it for the first 15 minutes. The result was a very even dye.
Sweater: Thrifted dyed by me
Capri's: Thrifted
Tank & Shoes: Target
Necklace: gift
Mouse wanted to get in to the mix.
She wore:
T-shirt: made by me
Skort: Thrifted


~Cassi

4 comments:

  1. I've always been afraid to dye, but your sweaters came out great! Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that magenta sweater- great color for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a smart idea! Both sweaters look great, but I really love the purply color of the first one! You look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...