Friday, August 26, 2011

Five Minute Friday ~ Older

It's Friday so I am linking up with Gypsy Mama's 5 Minute Friday posts. She choses a topic and we write unedited for 5 minutes. Here is what I wrote:

Older
Our child has been gone for a week now. She left with my parents on a trip to Wyoming.
It is strange being so childless. It's the longest she has been gone from us.

She is doing fine. Calls and sends texts through Grandma's phone. Us not so much...

But I have realized she is older. Older than I want her to be.

This year she starts third grade. THIRD! The time that everyone says will fly by really did.

I feel like for the first part of her life we have spent it in the smoke of our own making. We are just now being able to see through the fading whisps. We are ready to help her grow older, wiser, into the person she wants to be now.

Instead of focusing on the older part I need to be excited with her in this next step. And all the steps that are still to come.

~Cassi


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful little girl! My oldest daughter went off to k-5 this year! It's crazy how fast the time flies! Joining you from Gypsy Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good you understand now the importance of helping our children grow up. Enjoy every minute, it really does fast...blink of an eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to how you might feel a bit -- my youngest has been at kindergarten all week. Great reminder to look forward to the future and not lament the past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean. It can be difficult saying good bye to the stages of childhood that we love. But it is also very exciting to enter new phases of life with your kids! Embrace the changes!!!
    Corine :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...