Friday, October 8, 2010

Inspire Me Fridays

Lets talk Decoupage.. Yes you read that right. I am going to talk about Decoupage. I don't know about you but when I hear that word I think tacky 70's-80's craft projects. Even now when I techincally use it in a project I just say  glued some paper down. Really I don't want people to think I am tacky!
But I have been soo impressed with some of the work out there. Decoupage is getting a whole new chance in decorating. No longer am I thinking of this design form as embarassing but instead beautiful pieces of art.
Currently I am working on two huge frames that are.. are you ready for it... DECOUPAGED! eeks I said it. I hope to share them with you next week. They are finished I just have to get them hung on the wall.
So until then here are some amazing decoupage pieces that others in web are doing..

Stories by Me

I love these little blocks. I can think of so many great ideas for them. First would be as a baby present, how much nicer would custom blocks with family pictures be than the store bought ones. I love how they are used in showing both the word and the pictures.  

No Minimalist Here
This one is so gorgeous, I will have to copy this on some wall somewhere. I love old letters. She actually burned the edges to the to give it a very vintage feel. This also goes back to my need for larger items in my home.
Now for the truly ambitious.. 
Apartment Therapy
I mean really really ambitious! But I still love the look of it. This is a great idea for a small accent wall. I have seen ones similar done with crates or wine boxes. This one seems like it would be slightly easier than those and still a great effect.
Mrs B Blog
Now if you wanted a quick project perfect for the Halloween. Mrs B has it for you. I love this pumpkin. It helps that it has a raven on it which I love. (If you have noticed, I posted on here and here too) I also like that she covered it in a classic Poe tale.

3 comments:

  1. Found your blog through blog frog, love the family blocks! What a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brought back such great memories for me. My sisters and I covet my grandmother's decoupage box collection. She made the most gorgeous things. The family blocks reminded me of that.

    Such a great idea. What did you use for the base of the blocks? Are they wood?

    Kim Bauer
    www.confabulicious.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The inspire me fridays are other peoples ideas that inspired me. Click on the names below the picture ans it will bring you to their site.
    I am glad they inspired you too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...