Monday, October 4, 2010

Pumpkin Topiary

So remember my inspire me post here.
I finally got mine finished. I started by buying three fake pumpkins. Then S found this great planter at a yard sale. I cut off the tops of the pumpkins and glued them together using Gorilla glue.
After that I measured out space for all the letters but W. First I drew them out with a pencil and then free hand painted over that with plain acrylic black paint.
In order to cover the mass amount of glue I put on the pumpkins, I had to get some garland to wrap around them. I picked up this great twig centered and multi-colored leaf garland and hot glued it around the pumpkins. My only concern is with the cold Minnesota nights that the hot may not hold. At that same time I picked up some leaf sprays and this cute little black glitter bird. I added the sprays to the bass and the bird to the top.



4 comments:

  1. I love it!!! It turned out so cute. Wish I was more motivated to do this and put it on my front step! :)

    www.kandilandblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love it... the Peanut and I have a whole lotta stuff planned for us to make this month, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!! I LOVE me some pumpkin topiaries!! I've made two this year...a small one for in the house and two large ones (similar to yours) for my front porch. Check mine out if you get a chance...www.thesimpler-life.blogspot.com

    Stopping by from Remodelaholic! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it's stunning. I really try to be more creative, but I really need to see what someone else has done to be inspired. This is really pretty. Will take a tip, and try something appropriate for my setting. (We don't do Halloween or Harvest)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...