Monday, October 4, 2010

Pumpkin Topiary

So remember my inspire me post here.
I finally got mine finished. I started by buying three fake pumpkins. Then S found this great planter at a yard sale. I cut off the tops of the pumpkins and glued them together using Gorilla glue.
After that I measured out space for all the letters but W. First I drew them out with a pencil and then free hand painted over that with plain acrylic black paint.
In order to cover the mass amount of glue I put on the pumpkins, I had to get some garland to wrap around them. I picked up this great twig centered and multi-colored leaf garland and hot glued it around the pumpkins. My only concern is with the cold Minnesota nights that the hot may not hold. At that same time I picked up some leaf sprays and this cute little black glitter bird. I added the sprays to the bass and the bird to the top.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...