Monday, October 11, 2010

Picture Perfect

This fall S and I went up to the lake and saw these beautiful huge picture frames. We loved them but the price and color didn't quite work for us. So I set about making ones that were similar.
First, I bought 5x7 wood frames and a piece of 2 x 2 plywood. Remember this plywood?
Then I laid out scrapbook paper to see how I wanted it to look. I ripped the edges of the paper to add some texture. Decoupaging the paper around the edges was not as easy. I should have trimmed it instead.
I decided to paint the edges brown to anchor the frame and cover the horrible edges. I used gorilla glue to connect the picture frame to plywood. Then sprayed the whole thing with ModPodge clear coat.  
We chose two baby pictures of Mouse to put in the frames. I printed them in a sepia tone. And here is the finished product.
I am pretty happy with the way they turned out.


Linked up on Polly Want a Crafter

4 comments:

  1. Very beautiful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, wow. I love those! I saw something similar on someone's website once and I was stumped as to how they did it. But now I think I know! I have never decoupaged but I think I'm going to have to try it! Well done, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative - love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely my dear you have a gift

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...