Monday, June 9, 2014

Summer Reading List

This summer my reading list is quite varied and I am excited to get started on it. With camping every other weekend I get a lot more reading time in than during the school year so I should be able to get this list.


First I just started "Unspoken" by Dee Henderson. As you have heard before she is one of my favorite authors. If you haven't read her work yet go do it now! She has to be one of the top Christian fiction writers in my mind.

Second book is by Addie Zierman "When We Were on Fire" , I had the pleasure meeting her when she spoke at our church with a friend of mine on writing. In real life she is authentic with a great sense of humor, which makes me anticipate this book very much.

Third book is "The Island of Lost Maps "by Miles Harvey. The premise of this book really intrigued me. I have realized I really like this telling of non-fiction. I can say I am a fan of most non-fictions but when they are written in a story format like Devil in the White City or The Professor and the Mad Man.

Now no book list of mine can be complete without at lease one Sherlock Holmes story involved. This one I have had on my shelf for a while now and can't wait to get started on it. "The Shadow of Reichenbach Falls" by John King is a new  account of that fateful date in literary history.

The final book on my summer reading list is "The Forgotten Garden" by Kate Morton. This too has been on my dresser for way to long. It's not my typical style of book but I really liked the premise and I do like multi-generational stories. And of course the main character has my name is it must be good right?!

What is on your reading list for summer?


 ~ Cassi


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...