Friday, April 12, 2013

Present in the Here


Fridays I fluctuate between Five Minute Fridays and InstaFriday. But we are all community here, right? They can be combined into one post.
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from this week that match the words of this week.

Topic: Here

I want to be present in the Here. The everyday moments that define who we are and what we are.

Yes, Mouse will remember our big trips each year and I am so happy in the fact that we can provide those opportunities to her. But it is the everyday moments that really mean the most.
Taking the time to do breakfast out after a morning at the dentist. She will remember the breakfast and not the fear of brace's wire.  
 Working on her derby car as a family and being there to cheer her on. She will remember the research of bat mobiles and thumbs up, not that her car came in third each race.
Stopping for some geocaching on a long day of shopping with Mom and Dad. She will remember that she asked us to stop for a geocache and we did, not that we trekked from store to store.

Being mind of the Here is hard sometimes, we are task orientated and busy, but I am learning to slow down.

I fail and stumble. I get frustrated and annoyed at the delays some days. I am human.

But the next moment starts a new Here and I will try again.

~ Cassi
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. I loved your post today! That was along the lines of my word for the year! How funny how that works out. Just reminds me to keep on keeping on. And it is true. Kids remember things differently than what we think they do sometimes. Now that we are parents we recognize that even more.. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reminding me to stop for the little things. I often forget that the kids will remember the things we think can be insignificant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! You are totally right, she will remember these things. My mom often took me to the Burger King right next door to our dentist office after appointments. That is totally a fond memory :) And her bat mobile is way cool! Thank you for the reminder - SO important!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from FMF and I love the pictures. It looks like you all are making some great memories together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cassi!!

    I'm trying to get myself back in the blogging world! I love your new layout... super cute!

    And I love this post. I have been learning a lot in the past 3 years about really being present. I've been forced to, really, but I have had some good lessons about simplicity and focusing on the blessing in the here and now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right-we all need to focus more on "the here." Your daughter will remember these little moments. Sadly, there are so many parents out there who don't take time for these. I enjoyed reading this post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. keep pressing on! thanks for the encouragement!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Taking the time to stop our crazy fast paces to enjoy the little things is so hard for us but when we do what a beautiful gift we receive.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...