Monday, April 15, 2013

Honey Mustard Cheese Chicken

Some nights we just have to figure out how to make what we have on hand taste good. This Honey Mustard Cheesy Chicken was perfect. To start with I mixed breadcrumbs and cornmeal together with some French Herbs. 
After mixing these together I dredged the chicken with an egg wash then through the breadcrumb mix. Once covered the chicken was fried in olive oil about a minute on each side. 
Once both side were golden brown I place them in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. At the last 10 minutes I added Swiss cheese to the top. 

While the chicken was cooking I made a honey mustard sauce. 
3 tablespoons of honey
2 tablespoons of mustard
1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar 
1 tsp of olive oil

All of these were mixed into a blender. I would have like a little more mustard taste to the sauce but it was still good. 

The sauce was then poured over the top of the cheesy chicken. 
I must say it was pretty good. 

~ Cassi


Pin It



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...