Monday, March 11, 2013

Baby Headband Tutorial

This past week friends of ours had a baby girl. This gave me a reason to make some baby clothes and accessories. I was really excited to finally be able to make a rosette headband.
You know the ones were the baby is all cute and girlie with pretty rosettes on her head, like this one
Source
Thankfully, I have a large stash of fabric and colored elastic (which is hard to find outside of a website). I started the headband with a length of red elastic and a heated up glue stick.
Next, I took strips of fabric in varying colors. Don't know how to make the rosettes check out this post it's the process I follow.
 Once the rosettes were made the rest was easy. I just hot glued them to a piece of fabric then cut around it. Lastly, I took that piece with the rosettes and covered it with hot glue then laid it down over another piece of fabric with the elastic sandwiched between the two. (I should have taken a picture of this step, sorry.
To finish it off I just knotted the elastic, this way they can change the size if they need to.  
I am happy with the way it turned out. So is Mouse she wants one now too and you know what I think I may make one for myself too.
 Check my link up page to see where I share.
~ Cassi
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...