Friday, February 8, 2013

Baring it all

Fridays I fluctuate between Five Minute Fridays and InstaFriday. But we are all community here, right? They can be combined into one post.
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from this week that match the words of this week.

Topic: Bare

Yesterday was the two year mark of the fires. The day our lives and marriage changed forever. The day we laid at God's feet begging for a miracle to bring us out of the suffocating smoke.

The regrowth of this forest hasn't been easy. We've had counseling, books and mentoring. We've done soul searching and baring to others and ourselves.

But its been worth every scream and tear to see where we are now. We are no longer the arrogant self serving people we were when we got married.

This Sunday Steve and I venture on to another path of this restoring process. We are baring are selves to our church family. We've been asked to give our testimony to the congregation. It will be the first time many of them ever hear there has been issues for us. It will be the first time we publicly present our story.

Pray that our story will impact those who are needing to hear God's restoring message.

~ Cassi

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Praying for you this Sunday, that your story will reach those that need to hear your testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I want to hear the rest of the story now! Saying a prayer for you now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How horrific! I will be praying for you. It amazes me what God brings into our lives to mold us to what He wants us to be. Romans 8:28. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be praying for you guys, Cassi. I pray that those who are listening to your story would be encouraged that there is Hope. And that it would open up doors for authenticity and accountability and ministry. xo, ab

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from the 5 Minute Friday. I will be saying a prayer for your this weekend. May God touch the hearts that need to hear the most.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one brave woman! Well, I should say you are both brave. I'm sure your story will touch many and encourage many more to seek help, or do what they can to strengthen their marriage and put God first. I'll be praying for you and those that need to hear your message this weekend! Blessings to you, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...