Friday, January 25, 2013

Our time again

Fridays I fluctuate between Five Minute Fridays and InstaFriday. But we are all community here, right? They can be combined into one post.
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from this week that match the words of this week.

Topic: Again

"Mom we need a Mommy Daughter shopping day again." Says my nine year old.
And she was right we did need a day to our selves.
I seem to jump to one extreme or the other. After the fires we made a decision to do things as a family. In doing that I had cut out our girl dates. We still did one on one time at home but not as much outside of that.
I didn't realize it was something she was still craving. I need to find a middle ground of family and one on one time. You would think it would be easy with one kid but time gets away from you either way.
So we planned it a day out on the town. Then she remembered she is closer to a teen than a child now. So she invited a friend.

My Mommy heart had to let it go this time of me as most important. But then it was during the trip with the mounds of clothes in dressing rooms, that I realized I still was important. As they gave me fashion show after show, she would turn an wink just for me.
My reminder, my thank you for doing it again.

Join up on either or both groups. Or just go check out what the others are sharing.


~ Cassi

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Hello FMF neighbor! Ah, the fine line between child and tween. So glad she saved up a wink for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! I love posts which push me to reflect on life with my girls. I can feel the mommy love here.

    This is a good week for FMF...meeting all kinds of new faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so nice of you to let her bring a friend on your date. I love little fashion shows! Makes me sad to think how fast our 9-year-olds are growing up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...