Monday, January 28, 2013

Sneaking in Art Time

Since we finished the craft room, I have been trying to make a more conscious effort to do more art. Whether that is sewing, scrap-booking or painting it doesn't matter as long as I am spending time being creative.

I have also been getting Mouse to focus on more creative outlets too. Letting her use whatever supplies she wants in the room to create. Trying not to say no when Mouse wants me to join her at times that are not the most convenient to me.

One of the things we have had fun doing is looking up art journals on Pinterest and trying them out for ourselves. I know Pinterest gets a bad rap (so do blogs for that matter) for giving people unrealistic expectations. But some of it if used to inspire and not compare is great. The ideas that flow from there are endless.

Mouse loved the bird design in the right corner. So we set the Ipad out on the table and she used it for inspiration in her own art journal.
She used colored pencils and markers to create piece.
I love her little blue bird. And that she is learning to add thoughts to her work. I hope this trend continues.
Here is the finished piece. Not it's not exact to the Pinterest one, but that is the point, it's there it inspire. To bring about your own ideas. Take time today to create. 

~ Cassi 

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. what a great idea to do.. I love her dedication and art. I agree with you, pintrest and blogs are just for inspiration...they are not to be competed with or outdone. It's like trying to make food look the way it does on a food commercial...it's not real and not edible...just have fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Cassi. It's great that you get to spend time together being creative. And you have such a great space for it. I am thinking I need some embroidery lessons, ha! I have been inspired by your embroidery posts. Hope all is well!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...