Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Where I create

My craft room is finally complete! OK, still have to get some cute chairs in there but Steve is working on that. But the rest of the room is better than I imagined it.
We've posted bits and pieces of the room but not the full room. So here is the final look:
My two work horses in this room is the 10 foot table on the back wall that Steve built for me. I love this table, it is long enough to have two different work areas, one for paper crafts and one for sewing. Above that wall I added brightly colored shelves. Each of the shelves was painted in a different color. The curtains I made from a few yards of patchwork fabric.
The peg board holds all of my sewing needs. The shelves hold random items and a painting made by Mouse.
On the paper side the shelves hold paint and other various items. There is also a cork board to hold inspirational items.
The second work horse is my fabric hutch. It makes me smile. But the part that makes me really smile is the Hankie Banner. This hankie collection started from ones I received from Great Grandma when she passed away at almost 105 years old.  It shows my past and my future is shown in the map along the other wall, pinned as we travel together as a family.
The center table is from my first apartment and now works as a great for extra work space. The basket on the edge holds all those odd size items perfectly. And to keep it real I forgot to take the paper garbage bag out of the picture.
Wait till you see the chairs Steve is redoing for me. You will love them. Hint, one is TEAL!
Thanks for stopping by.
Hope you like the space as much as I do.

~ Cassi

Pin It

13 comments:

  1. I love it so much. If only we had an extra room! For now I guess I just have to be super organized and keep packing craft supplies away when I'm finished with them! :) Way to go Cassi and Steve!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, come on over and work on your crafts here. It would be fun.

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful! Just what I'd like my craft area to look like. Absolutely LOVE the vintage hankie bunting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I grabbed most of my inspiration from "Whatever" blog and various pinterest pins

      Delete
  3. First I'm jealous. Totally Jealous. Like I can't get over how much space you have jealous. I love it! And I can't wait to see the teal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The space is suppose to have a hallway and a bedroom, thank goodness we don't have overnight guests :)

      Delete
  4. Cassi,

    This is a great crafting space! I'm totally jeaulous. I tend to craft in a small dark corner of my basement. Hence, not to many crafts coming out that corner. :)

    I followed you over from the Singing Three Little Birds linky party. I would love if you stopped by my blog.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first space was closet that we redid so when the doors opened there was a desk and shelves in it. I loved it, I could leave it a mess and close the doors.

      Delete
  5. What a happy, fresh space to create, love it! Your new readerf, Tanya :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful and inspiring workspace! You guys did a wonderful job!! I love the sentimental touches like the banner and the map! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an inspired space to work in! You are so fortunate to have such a great hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping over here from Artful Rising. Your craft room is amazing! You are lucky to have such a large, sunny space. I love what you and your husband have done with the room.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful room. I really love your fabric hutch. Thanks for sharing. Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...