Monday, February 6, 2012

Map it

Steve and I bought this map of the United States when we first got married with the idea of mapping out where we've been. It's now been over 11 years and three houses and the map has followed us. We can proudly say it has found a home after all this time.

Steve framed out the map on the open wall in my craft room. It works perfect in the space with it's bright colors. I made felt flags for some stick pins and added them to the map. We have four colors blue for Steve, teal for me, pink for Mouse (She goes on trips with my parents. She is on 11 states so far between both families.) and the last one lime green for trips we've taken together.
This spring we'll be able to add two more flags to the map with a trip to California Redwoods planned.
I can't wait to use this map as a way to pick out locations we have yet to see. It will be fun to see the map fill up.
Check out the linky parties on our links page.

~ Cassi



Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Love it! We have 2 huge maps on the wall in our dining room....but we haven't marked the places we have been....I guess I am afraid of all the little holes it will create!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was too. But Steve said he is a pro now at painting and patching so we should be good

      Delete
  2. Love this!! We enjoy traveling, too! If you ever go further south in Cali, I'd be happy to share ideas. But I'm sure you are going to love the redwoods. They are magnificent. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I will soon. My work's corporate office is in Southern Cali.

      Delete
  3. I love anything and everything travel related. What a sweet way to keep track of all the places you've been. Maybe our paths have crossed at Wis Dells :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy - do you blog? I can't see you page. Thank you for stopping by

      Delete
    2. I found it. Blogger says I can't see it but if I search for it I can.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...