Friday, May 18, 2012

Five Minute Fridays ~ Perspective

On Fridays we write, one topic, no edits. Just the pure form of writing to write. Join all of with Lisa Jo at The Gypsy Mama.
Topic: Perspective

This weekend is 12 years. All those years ago I had an idea of what marriage should look like. I wasn't seeing it in the marriage I was starting. My perspective was skewed by 21 year old naive self. In not seeing what I thought should be there I no longer looked at it at all.
Steve's talked about the same, this perspective we had and didn't share with each other. It blurred the eyes and hardened the heart.
This past year has started to clear and soften.
Going into this 12th year, I have a new perspective of what marriage should look like. New values to uphold. It still needs work and effort but all things worth doing does.

Here is to to the next 12 years, may they brighter then the first.

~ Cassi


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Love how you ran with "perspective"! I also was married at 21 and so often I think, "If I knew then what I know now..." It's amazing how 10+ years can adjust one's perspective! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary. I pray the years to come are full of love and joy and faithfulness through all the ups and downs. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...