Friday, November 6, 2015

Does Bopping Around Count as Dancing?

This is Five Minute Fridays so lets link up and write
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from my week Instagram feed that match the words of this week.
Topic: Dance

I am not a musically inclined person. I like music, but I am one of those people that can't hear beats, you seem me try to clap. I more like to think in song lyrics, but please don't ask me the title or who sang it. (Steve and Mouse are much better at that game.)
My family is the one at church that rarely sings. Not because we don't like the music but for me I am just not a morning person to really get into the singing. Now at the Bible camp I run we sing much later in the morning. Let me dance in the isles then, it helps I work with teens, they are all about the dancing.
Lately though I have been more thoughtful in the words of the hymns and worship music we sing. I will spend the next week in thought and prayer around what we have sang that Sunday. You can also catch me dancing (OK really it is bopping around in my seat, but it's close).
I love finding connections to the songs within my Bible and really applying the song and verse to my life.  Finding that meaning and application has made sing out and dance even more.
God is making a new thing here.
I can't wait. 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...