Monday, July 13, 2015

Healthier Chile Relleno

 This past week I made what is now my favorite meal! I based my recipe mostly off of this Pinterest find. I love chile rellenos but deep frying is something I never do at home nor is it that healthy. So when I saw Naïve
1 Avocado, diced
Handful Cilantro
Enchilada Sauce
Start with roasting the peppers. I like to roast mine in the oven at 400 for abut 10 minutes on each side (or until charred). This is just quicker and more even than trying to do then on the gas stove top. Once roasted through them in a ziplock bag for another 10 minutes or so. This will help loosen the skin for peeling.
While those are cooking, heat black bean mixed with cumin. I just through mine in a microwave bowl for a few minutes. Once they are cooked I start the rice, I have a microwave rice cooker.
I also started the corn and onions. In a non-stick skillet, I add the oil, corn and onions, stir occasionally until they start to caramelize (brown on the edges).
Once you have the peppers peeled, slit them down one side and remove the seeds. Place peppers back on cookie sheet used for roasting. Now fill center with black beans and top with cheese. Place these black in the oven under the broiler on high. Just until the cheese is melted.
The rice I mixed with the Salsa Verde. Spoon rice mix on to place and top with corn and onion mixture. Place stuffed pepper on top and sprinkle with avocado and cilantro. You can also drizzle with Enchilada sauce. We had mixed opinions on if that was necessary.
We had a neighbor girl over for dinner the night we made these and both her and Mouse said it was great. I know I can't wait to make them again.

~Cassi

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...