Friday, May 22, 2015

Not a Rise and Shine Person and thats OK

Today is Five Minute Fridays so lets link up and write
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from my week Instagram feed that match the words of this week.
Topic: Rise
Sunrise in Sumner Fjord on Mt Desert Island, Maine 2014
I am not a morning person. In fact today it took my husband 5 tries just to get me to wake up. I have never been a jump out of bed and be perky kind of person. Suzy sunshine, I am not. It is a trait I have passed down to Mouse. Steve, who is a morning person, tries to avoid us in the mornings.
Between grumbles and grunts we manage to rise.
"Rise and Shine" makes me grit my teeth and squeeze my eyes shut.
Give me five more minutes, is my anthem.
That is while on vacations I am always surprised at waking up at before dawn.
It's vacation my body should be sleeping even more!
But the wonders I have seen in those first few hours have been amazing.
God has granted me time to see his majesty in all its glory.
Maybe he leaves it for my vacations because he knows that is when I will appreciate it the most.
The morning hours are all rush and work during my normal days, but on vacation it is quite time.
Coffee cup, camera and sketch book.
Looking across at this and knowing there is a God.
A God who made all of this and still stopped to make me to.
~Cassi
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...