Friday, March 20, 2015

Am I Real

Today is Five Minute Fridays so lets link up and write
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from my week Instagram feed that match the words of this week.
Topic: Real
'It doesn't happen all at once,' said the Skin Horse. 'You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand.”   The Velveteen Rabbit.
This must be my only frame of reference for Real, since I used it last time we had this word.
So much of this story rings true long after childhood. The process of becoming really speaks to as the process of becoming more Christ like. God calls us to be used for his purpose. Not in a gentle and comfortable manner but in the your hair is going to be rubbed off style. He wants us to love others in such a way that we are touched, tugged and squeezed by those around us.
He calls us to give in a complete way that we become loose in the joint and shabby. That our appearance isn't what matters but what others can see God in us.
They can see us in the REAL.
In the this is who I am, the real me through Christ. Because once I have lost all my stuffing and eyes drop out, it is only through God that I am able to still be REAL.
“Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”
Margery Williams, The Velveteen Rabbit 
~ Cassi
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...