Friday, February 3, 2012

Five Minute Friday ~ Real

Friday is here.  There is so much to love about Fridays and one reason is Five Minute Friday. Giving yourself five minutes to write unedited on one topic. Thanks to Lisa-Jo at The Gypsy Mama for setting the linky party for all of us to join. Head on over and check it out or link up you own post.



Topic: Real

"Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse. "It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real." The Velveteen Rabbit.

Real... the word makes my eyes water and heart swell. To become Real. Truly Real.

Once you become a parent all sense of self disappears. Now before you take offense to that. I don't mean in the sense that you no longer are you or have no life outside of your children. I mean the inner self the selfish self. Again I can be selfish in both the good and bad sense of the word.

But when it comes to down to it. Self is nothing if it means hurt, harm or loss to my child. I would give it all up for her. Because

"When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real."

And I want to be REAL, to her, to me, to Steve, to God.


~ Cassi



5 comments:

  1. Hi neighbor...this is so sweet and true...to love is what make us really...real.
    Have a blessed weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Once you become a parent all sense of self disappears."

    I get that. Really. Becoming a parent is such a huge shift, from being self-focused to other-focused. I love this post.

    I wrote about the Velveteen Rabbit today too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too used velveteen rabbit to express realness. Love these words about parenthood...I find what you say very true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you said about all sense of self disappearing. That is being a REAL parent!

    I wrote about a velveteen rabbit as well. We must all be on the same wave length!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Velveteen Rabbit. It's hard to become real... but worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...