Friday, February 6, 2015

My Soul Keep

Today is Five Minute Fridays so lets link up and write
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from my week Instagram feed that match the words of this week.
Topic: Keep
"Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
Angels watch me through the night,
And wake me with the morning light."
When I was young that prayer would scare me at times. Keep my soul?!!? I would lay awake thinking about what that meant. Did I get it back? Does that mean I don't want to wake with the morning light?
As I grew the word still holds me in thought.
"Soul: the immaterial essence, animating principle, or actuating cause of an individual life. 2 a : the spiritual principle embodied in human beings, all rational and spiritual beings, or the universe."
In looking at that definition, it is everything that is within us, everything that makes us human.
Then it is only fitting that the one who made us human keeps what is rightfully His.
But what do I do with that soul, while its still here on earth?
"Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name." ~Psalm 103:1
So glad God left us an instruction book to answer these musing of mine. He says all that is within me to bless his name. To be in worship of him with all my soul.
"Bless the Lord oh my soul
Oh my soul
Worship His Holy name
Sing like never before
Oh my soul
I'll worship Your Holy name"

~Matt Redman - 10,000 Reasons Lyrics

So Lord I ask of you "My Soul to KEEP.
~Cassi

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...