Friday, January 16, 2015

When you are not sent

Today is Five Minute Fridays so lets link up and write
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from my week Instagram feed that match the words of this week.
Topic: Sent
drawing by me
I dream of being a wonderer. Floating on the breeze. Seeking new adventures.
But, I am not. I am rooted in my family, community, life.
 
I dream of being sent forth.
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" ~ Isaiah 6:8
But those words are not for my ears. God calls me to be where I am.
 
So I search adventure in structured travel and day trips.
I support those who her the call and go forth.
I live a thousand lives and adventures through books and blogs.
 
There was a time where I felt is this it.
When I asked the same question, as Meg Ryan in "You've got Mail"
"So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around?"
But we are not all called to the same life. And we are not all sent forth to far flung corners of the world. Some are meant to know that in their hearts we say "Send me!" God that is enough to know that we are ready.
~Cassi
 


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I love that movie! It's one of my favorites and I can so relate to so many of those lines.

    Sometimes He says send and sometimes He says stay. This is just a season and who knows what adventures He will send you on in the future! Big hugs to you! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This verse came to mind for me too! And I like your ending. It's more about a heart readiness than going a thousand adventures. May we always be ready. And do good work right where we are. Joining you from #fmfparty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send me! Wow! I also would like to be prepared that way. Thank-you for the message of here and now in your life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...