Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Let Light Your Shine


"Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven." ~ Matthew 5:16 
  As Christian's I think we spend January in a state of confidence and excitement. Our resolutions if we have them range on "less me, More God", "I will follow his plan more", "Focus on Him more", etc.. But like all new year resolutions we start to fade in the weeks that follow.
Life gets hard. Time gets eaten up by the business of our schedules.
So we get discouraged and slowly stop shining.
Because society tells us if we fail it is not for us. That we are not meant to do it.
But that is not how God responds.
He is a God of second chances and new beginnings everyday.
 “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” ~Revelation 21:5 
So let him do his work, for he is a God of new things.
Do not be discourage that by mid-January you have already "failed" in your own eyes.
Start again.
~Cassi
Linking up with Purposeful Faith; Encouraging Posts

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I can so relate to this post. I was even feeling this same thing this morning because I was feeling like I failed to get my post done in time for the raralinkup and was going to not link up but then I thought.... no, I'm going anyway! Thanks for these encouraging words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, I am not able to reply to your comment. Thank you so much for the kind words! And I am blessed to have been encouraging to you this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! This verse keeps popping up -
    “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” ~Revelation 21:5
    WARNING: God is at work.
    Love it. Thank you for linking up. I loved your pop of encouragement this morning. Go Girl! So love your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...