Monday, January 5, 2015

Roasted Head of Cauliflower

 

Welcome back! And hello to all of you in the new year. I am not one for New Year resolutions or word for the year. I love all those who can do those but I am just not one of them. Because once I may some kind of declaration like that I completely go against it. That means I am just better to slowly make changes verse big promises.
That means I am jumping back into blogging doing what you expect from this lifestyle blog, a little bit of everything that makes up our life.
Mouse is a huge fan of roasted cauliflower. It is probably her favorite vegetable. But sometimes I need a new recipe, there is just so many times I can eat roasted with cheese. This one looked like it would be a flavorful alternative and fun to serve.
Take a whole cauliflower trim it but leave it whole.
Then combine the below ingredients into a large sauce pan.
2 Cups Dry White Wine
⅓ Cup Olive Oil
1 Tbs Lemon Juice
3 Cloves Garlic - Whole
2 Tbs Butter
1 Bay Leaf
2 Scallions roughly chopped
Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
Bring to a boil then add the cauliflower head.
Boil head till it just starts to soften. This took 20 minutes for me. I also had to keep flipping my cauliflower since my pan wasn't big enough to submerge. Once its tender remove from liquid with tongs and place on a lined baking sheet.
Bake the head in the over at 425 for 20 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. My oven got really smoky from this process, I would make sure you have your oven fan on.
I really liked the end result and the presentation was a fun as I thought it would be. But both my husband and daughter thought dry roasting it was better in flavor then this process. For the amount of work that went into this, I would have to agree.
 
~Cassi


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...