Thursday, September 25, 2014

What's Making Me Happy

I have recently discovered a podcast on NPR that is making me so happy. Some of you with just the title of this post can already guess which one it is. No?
That's right Pop Culture Happy Hour. What is it about you ask? Here is what NPR says it is:
"Pop Culture Happy Hour is a lively chat about books, movies, music, television, comics and pretty much anything else that strikes a nerve, all in a weekly roundtable from NPR. Features "Monkey See" blogger Linda Holmes and an occasionally rowdy cast of characters"

So for anyone who knows me the idea of me listen to a show about pop culture is laughable. I have no idea who any new actor is, I can't tell you the latest song  nor do I watch TV to tell about the latest and greatest show. But this show still pertains to me. They use enough historical references so I get it and tells me what to look for.

They also fill my geeky heart with all sorts of happy. They talk about Sci-fi in most episodes. So I get all sorts of Dr Who and Arrow talk. But they have also given me numerous new "to me" tv shows , like Arrow and songs to check out.

So how does the title fit in? Every week they end the show with what makes them happy. Which is a time they go around the table and say what is making them happy that week. So what is making you happy this week?

~ Cassi
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...