It has been ages since I posted a DIY project. Mostly because we have really finished a single project and secondly we haven't had a lot. This one we decided had to be finished now that the new cat joined the house. We made one for Frankenstein so he feels important still and then one for our room for any of the cats.
First we took apart a vintage (retro) suitcase, that yes we just happen to have laying around the house.
One issue we had with that is it left two rough edges on each half of the suitcases. The side with the hinge took some funky sewing to hide but I figured it out.
For Frankenstein's bed pillow I wanted it to match Mouse's room, which is pink upon, pink, upon, pink with a bit of black and white. She picked out this hot pink zebra print fabric and I added the black trim to tie it all together. Then I stuffed it with the filling of an old comforter we had. Hmmm... I sound a bit hoarderish right now.
Steve added small table legs to the base of the suitcase that I had painted white. He just drilled a hole and added the washer and nut on the other side.
Then I made this fabric roll to cover the back hinges. We won't go into that part because it was a mess.
Here it is in Mouse's room, she loves it and Frankie is still deciding on it.