Friday, May 30, 2014

Nothing Moments

Today is Five Minute Fridays There is no link up today just a prompt.
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from my week Instagram feed that match the words of this week.
 
Topic: Nothing
parenting, tween
Last night Mouse and I sat out on the front patio and did nothing. OK that is not quite true she worked on home work while I sipped ice tea and drew. But it was nothing amazing or life changing or in the world's view even memorable.
But it is in these 'nothing' moments that I see her and I hope she sees me. Not just the student / teacher, Mom / Daughter,  child / adult. But as the person we truly are.
I hope she sees that even in the nothing moments of life I prefer her by my side experiencing it together. 
handlettering, typography
The quiet chats between my sketching and her homework. When I ask her about a quote that she likes from me and she picks our favorite book from her toddler years. So I sketch some more and she tells me about her day.
I will remember these 'nothing' moments.
~ Cassi

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...