Friday, May 30, 2014

Nothing Moments

Today is Five Minute Fridays There is no link up today just a prompt.
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from my week Instagram feed that match the words of this week.
 
Topic: Nothing
parenting, tween
Last night Mouse and I sat out on the front patio and did nothing. OK that is not quite true she worked on home work while I sipped ice tea and drew. But it was nothing amazing or life changing or in the world's view even memorable.
But it is in these 'nothing' moments that I see her and I hope she sees me. Not just the student / teacher, Mom / Daughter,  child / adult. But as the person we truly are.
I hope she sees that even in the nothing moments of life I prefer her by my side experiencing it together. 
handlettering, typography
The quiet chats between my sketching and her homework. When I ask her about a quote that she likes from me and she picks our favorite book from her toddler years. So I sketch some more and she tells me about her day.
I will remember these 'nothing' moments.
~ Cassi

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh. So very beautiful. Do you homeschool? I am here from FMF. I really enjoyed your post!

    http://maryhess.com/five-minute-friday-nothing/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I savor those nothing moments too! They are so life-giving to me! Thanks for sharing your heart! I'm here from FMF too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. I've always said that you've got to have quantity of time to get to quality. As my sons became teenagers and beyond these moments of just being there lead to some very wonderful memories and moments. Lovely post. Visiting from www.mywordstudy.com. Glad I stopped by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...