Friday, May 2, 2014

Get Messy

So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from my week Instagram feed that match the words of this week.
 
Topic: Mess
 
I love S'mores, it may be on the verge of obsessive. Everything about them melds to a flavor I find irresistible. But they are mess to eat. The perfectly toasted marshmallow oozes out from between the chocolate and graham cracker, quickly coating your fingers in hard to remove stickiness. Once the chocolate warms up the whole thing starts to slide apart and chocolate will inevitably drop out on to whatever clothes are available. Then holding tightly you go to take that first bite just to have the cracker brake into pieces raining crumbs down around you.
But the taste makes it all worth it. The perfect combination of crunchy, sweet, bitter (we use good chocolate) and gooey.
That to me is life. It's suppose to be this messy goodness. Some season are going to be the sweet gooeyness of the marshmallow. Sticking to our memories to savor years later.
Sometimes it will be the bitter sweetness of the chocolate. Hitting us upfront with all it's flavor but fading to the background.
There will also be the time in life where everything seems to be crumbling down around us. But that is what makes us stronger. Like the s'more we could not savor the sweet and the bittersweet without the hardship.
So I savor each bite, tasting all.
 
~Cassi
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Love this Cassi! Savoring every detail of life- in the mess! I love thinking about life like youve described, like a s'more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is how I try to look at my time with my little ones. The most fun things tend to also be the messiest. I try to resist the urge to avoid the mess in favor of the fun and memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is how I try to look at my time with my little ones. The most fun things tend to also be the messiest. I try to resist the urge to avoid the mess in favor of the fun and memories.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...