Friday, May 16, 2014

Finding myself in breaks

Today is Five Minute Fridays There is no link up today just a prompt.
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from my week Instagram feed that match the words of this week.
 
Topic: Break

I find it hard to take breaks. I am a person on the go. What is next? When do I start?  But as my body has slowed down these last few years. I have come to appreciate the breaks. The down time, the time to reflect and refresh.
 For the first time since high school I am not working full time. It's strange and crazy and wonderful. I get to take a break. I get to spend lunches at school eating horrible food and watching my daughter smile.
parenting, tween

I am learning to take breaks to recharge myself. Thankfully I have a husband who encourages that. For Mother's day Mouse and Steve got me the perfect break companions. Coffee and a sketching, and a little Dr Who doesn't hurt either.
Oh how I need to do that more. As we prepare for our upcoming vacation, I find I need to remind myself that breaks are OK. They are needed and healthy.
For I am finding it is in the breaks that I find out who I really am.

~ Cassi


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...