Friday, April 11, 2014

Why I Paint

Fridays I fluctuate between Five Minute Fridays and InstaFriday. But we are all community here, right? They can be combined into one post.
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from this week that match the words of this week.
Topic: Paint
This past weekend Mouse and I with her friend spent the day at the art Museum, more on that next week. But this week The topic is paint and it fits so well with what is in my heart lately. I have come to realize I am made to create. That is where I find comfort and peace. It's where I find inspiration and beauty. It's where I find me.
I was never the painter in high school but this past year or two I have really wanted to follow in my Dad's foot prints and learn to paint. One of the amazing things with painting (art in general) is being able to create beauty from nothing. The blank paper sits there waiting for your hand to add life to its pages.
Not that this is the best example of work bringing life to a page, but it's what I have been working on, color washes in watercolor. In my mind I wanted to re-create the foggy mornings in California when the trees were shrouded in fog.
Its not the outcome but the process that fulfills me.
~ Cassi







Pin It

1 comment:

  1. You have captured a foggy morning in California. It is how I remember climbing out of the tent to start the fire for coffee.
    I think it is wonderful that you have found you were meant to create, and in honour of your father you have begun that journey.
    I also hope you have many more trips to the museum with mouse and her special friend.
    Thank you for sharing your discovery!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...