Monday, April 14, 2014

Teaching Art

art, teaching, kids
Last week I wrote about my love for art. It's something that I have been trying to impart to Mouse. Mouse and I decided to do some art lessons at the museum. So, last weekend we took a trip to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts to work on some sketches. We took her friend A with us since she had never been there before. Before heading out there I wrote up history and techniques on a few the paints around the museum. 
art, teaching, kids
We started with Frank Stella and modernist style of shapes and bright colors. Not sure if the girls really liked the lesson part but they both loved the Stella painting. 
Then we moved on through the Matisse exhibit and then on to Mouse's favorite painter Van Gogh.  
art, teaching, kids
They only have one of his at our museum so the girls sat down to sketch the Olive Trees while I talked to them about Impressionism. 
I also talked to them about Van Gogh style about using short strokes and curving lines. 
art, teaching, kids
I was so impressed with the girls focus on their sketches. They seemed to really like their time at the museum. We also discussed which paintings were our favorites and why. I can't wait till we go back. 

~ Cassi



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...