Monday, January 20, 2014

Roasted Domino Potatoes ~ Bon Appetit

recipes, food, roasted domino potatoes

We really enjoyed this recipe from Bon Appetit magazine, though I wouldn't recommend for a dish to have often. The amount of butter it calls for is a bit much for frequent consumption. But if you are looking for an appealing side dish to bring to the table this one definitely fits. 
The recipe calls for 
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3 1/2 pounds Idaho potatoes (4 -6 large )
24 (a bout) fresh or dried bay leaves
Kosher salt and fleur de sel
I changed it up a bit with mixing Yukon Gold Potatoes and Idaho Russet. 
recipes, food, roasted domino potatoes

I also only used about 4 tablespoons of butter (because that is all we had). Then finished it off with dried bay leaves and Sea Salt instead of Kosher.  
recipes, food, roasted domino potatoes

Once the dish came out of the oven we removed the bay leaves and sprinkled it with shaved Parmesan Cheese. Truthfully, I don't think the Parmesan added anything to this dish, but we had some on hand so I added it.  
recipes, food, roasted domino potatoes

The best part of the dish is how buttery in texture the potatoes become, I know, with that much butter how could they not be. I will make this again but I think more for guests with other side dishes to limit the amount of butter intake for each person. 

~ Cassi






Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...