Friday, January 17, 2014

Power of Words


Fridays I fluctuate between Five Minute Fridays and InstaFriday. But we are all community here, right? They can be combined into one post.
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from this week that match the words of this week.

Topic: Encouragement
 
"They've made me feel like a prisoner
They've made me feel set free
They've made me feel like a criminal
Made me feel like a king"
 
This is from a sing a song at church that rings so true, it's called "Words" by Hawk Nelson.
Words can be our greatest encouragement or our greatest weapon.

 "They've lifted my heart
To places I'd never been
And they've dragged me down
Back to where I began

Words can build you up
Words can break you down
Start a fire in your heart or
Put it out"
I want to be one that puts a fire in people's hearts. To teach through example to my child that words are meant to encourage and lift up. That the wrong words have a lasting effect. How many of us remember those words, words that still eat at our insides.
 
faith, christianity, handlettering, typography
But what if we gave ourselves new words. Words that brought Truth and Life.
 
"Let my words be life
Let my words be truth
I don't wanna say a word
Unless it points the world back to You

You can heal the heartache
Speak over the fear
  God, Your voice is the only thing
We need to hear"
 
This year my goal is to write more to get the stories out that are in my head. But to also speak words that heal heartache, speak over fear. Because it is scary to say the words, in a society that says criticism and lies are the norm, it takes courage to say words of encouragement. Words of His love.

 "I wanna speak Your love
Not just another noise
Oh, I wanna be Your light
I wanna be Your voice

 I don't wanna say a word
Unless it points the world back to You"
 
Here is to a year of words.
 
~ Cassi
 
The picture is from a class I am taking on SkillShare on hand-lettering. The quote I am working on says "We all have a Story to Tell".
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Visiting from Five Minute Friday. Thank you for your words and the reminder to speak His words when we talk to others. How many times have I struggled for words to help a friend, when all I should do is think about what Jesus would say to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You did it too... linked up your blog post instead of the instagram page. But then I felt guilty and did a second one following the rules this time ;) But FTR, she did say we could link up our post if we have one! Oh, and I love that song! Enjoy your weekend, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...