Friday, November 8, 2013

Stand in the Truth


Fridays I fluctuate between Five Minute Fridays and InstaFriday. But we are all community here, right? They can be combined into one post.
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from this week that match the words of this week.
Topic: Truth

  "Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong."
1 Corinthians 16:13
 This past weekend I attended a training put on by our church conference. Parts of it was great. I got to worship with friends I rarely see. I was able to learn and by taught by my Pastor and others I normally don't get to hear.
Then things went a bit off. The conference let a group do an alternative worship training. But they used adapted scripture to fit their needs. I was confused and up set by this. So I did the only thing I knew I talked to those Pastors that were there and that I looked to for spiritual guidance.
They agreed with my assessment.
This brought to this point, the part I haven't done yet. I need to write to the conference and explain my issues and concern with what was taught.
I need to stand firm in my faith.
I will stand firm in the TRUTH.

~ Cassi
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I'm over here from Five Minute Friday. I'm impressed with your courage! Whenever scripture is altered (even in a seemingly innocent way) I never know how to respond. I'll keep your story in mind next time I feel uncomfortable with an aspect of worship...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...