Friday, October 11, 2013

Take your everyday, ordinary life...

Fridays I fluctuate between Five Minute Fridays and InstaFriday. But we are all community here, right? They can be combined into one post.
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from this week that match the words of this week.
Topic: Ordinary
"So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you." ~ Romans 12:1-2 (The Message Bible)
I love this line " Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking."
It is soo true. I will lay it before. I will stop and think. 
I will feel humble in my offerings to him. I will think about the sunsets and realize he is amazing.
I will think of my child and wonder at her future. Teach her that it's not about what culture says it is. 
I will not think of us as ordinary but as blessed in God. We will be mature in his Word.
 
~ Cassi 
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Cassi! This is a great reminder about being mature in His Word. I love that. Thank you for sharing these words with me. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...sigh :)
    "I will think about the sunsets, and realize he is amazing."
    I LOVE GRATITUDE! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...