Monday, October 7, 2013

Pickled Pepper

Pickled Peppers Picked 
Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
Where's the peck of pickled peppers that Peter Piper picked?
 
You knew that was coming didn't you? I mean, you can't have a post on pickled peppers with out saying that in your head three times fast. Now that I have you tongue tied we can get on to how to make pickled peppers.
I picked up these beautiful, what I thought was poblano peppers at the farms market in town. Then I tried one and they were not the mild poblanos in fact the old saying about the larger the pepper the less heat it has, is WRONG! These boys burned. With them being so hot I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do with them any more. Then I did a bit of recipe searching on the Internet and found pickled peppers and I knew that would be perfect for them.
First I chopped up the peppers, don't do my mistake use gloves! I had burning fingers, eyes and nose (do not rub either with pepper hands) for days. I chopped the peppers into rings and discarded the stems and seeds.
I then added the above ingredients into a pot of water. For full recipe see below.
Pickled Pepper Recipe
15 large Peppers, stems trimmed (discarded) and sliced
1 cup Distilled White Vinegar
1 cup Water
4 tablespoons Sugar
2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
In a sauce pan combine the water, vinegar, sugar and salt.
Heat to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar and salt. Once at a boil; add the sliced jalapenos pressing them so they are submerged under the pickling liquids. Remove the pot off of the heat and let them sit until cooled. Then transfer to canning jar, add lid and place in fridge.
 
Good for a weeks or at least that is how long our jar lasted.
Hope you enjoy.
~ Cassi



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...