Friday, August 9, 2013

Fighting Lonely

Fridays I fluctuate between Five Minute Fridays and InstaFriday. But we are all community here, right? They can be combined into one post.
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from this week that match the words of this week.

Topic: Lonely 
"No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you" ~  Joshua 1:5
 I read this and believe this, but my mind says otherwise.
Statue at the Imaging Center at the U
 My mind says I am alone in our struggles.
Lonely
Longing for a Savior
But I am I no better than the my ancestors believing in a Messiah but not seeing he has come.
My heart has faith in "the One".
The mind plays tricks
Lonely it says
Alone
Sunrise, morning promises
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~John 1:1
Never alone
When I let my heart win the battle
My mind knows that I am not alone.
There is no loneliness, no struggles with out a Savior.
 
~ Cassi

2 comments:

  1. It really is a battle of our hearts and minds, isn't it? Love that you were able to match your instagram pictures with the prompt! Glad we were FMF neighbors! ;) have a blessed Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so, so true. Loved your simple words today. InstaFriday sounds fun too!

    Jesus and a host of friends in blogland, never really lonely ;-)

    God bless you this Friday ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...