Friday, July 26, 2013

Not quite broken

So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from this week that match the words of this week.

Topic: Broken

As adults we struggle to find ourselves and our purpose in life. We feel broken, useless, a failure when things don't turn out exactly like we planned. I know I struggle with those emotions, I am sure Steve is too. It's amazing how much our job defines us. And whether we have no job or a bad job we see it as a reflection on our own abilities.
Broken in what the world calls complete

"LORD, you are our father. We are the clay, and you are our potter; we are all the product of your labor." ~Isaiah 64:8~
No they are not clay just vases I was painting this weekend
We are God's labor (job) and yet I see no brokenness in God for my failures. So why do I put the same thoughts and emotions to my own job. With the job I have no control over what is happening.
I need to give myself more grace
The job, the world does not define me
I am not broken

~ Cassi

Pin It

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...