Friday, July 12, 2013

Being thankful in the present

Fridays I fluctuate between Five Minute Fridays and InstaFriday. But we are all community here, right? They can be combined into one post.
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from this week that match the words of this week.

Topic: Present
Today is the day. Today is Steve's last day at his employer. Kind of.. There are many factors at work and it's all confusing and frustrating. But today, this week, tomorrow I am going to be thankful!

I spent time this week with these girls.
I love these girls. We met while at work and through the years we have been able to be there for one another. Each year we know each other we share more and more. And the laughter so thankful for their tears of joy this past week.
 
I took time this week with my extended family to take Mouse to a new yogurt bar in town.
 It would have been easy to say no 'it's late', 'we shouldn't spend money', etc.. But instead we enjoyed the moment. She loved it.  
And her 11 ounces of yogurt proves it. Remembering to take time in this season of our lives to be thankful and show her that is most important.

~ Cassi







Pin It

6 comments:

  1. So easy to say "it's late, we don't have the money" ... how true! But what a precious time you had with her, I'm sure! Blessings for many more precious times ... ~sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from 5min Friday... I liked how you wove the topic into a life happening (or the other way around?) rather than "waxing philosophical" about the topic word. And yes to icecream/yogurt love-gift of time despite the rational arguements against!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saying a prayer for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great lesson. Everyone should learn to live more in the present. I know this is one of those things I struggle with. Thanks for the reminder. The yogurt looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cool how you merged both link ups!

    Visiting from insta-friday! Love, Traci Michele

    http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so the mom who usually says we don't have time or should save money. But doesn't it feel so good when we go against our grain and just enjoy the moment with our little one(s)? And, I love the changes on your blog! Looks great :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...