Monday, July 15, 2013

Avocado Chicken Salad

I seriously love my Food Network magazine! I have had soo many good recipes from it. Like this Herb Chicken Salad I adapted from there.
Here is what I used:
2 pounds canned chicken 
1 cup light mayonnaise
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
3 tablespoons chopped mixed fresh herbs tarragon
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 to 3 avocados, halved and pitted 
In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, garlic, mustard, celery, celery leaves, red onion, herbs, celery seeds and cayenne pepper. Mix well.Add chicken to the mayonnaise mixture and mix well. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill. Serve in avocado halves.
This was a really tasty chicken salad. It was a bit lighter than other chicken salads I have had. I think the avocado bowl was the perfect addition.

~ Cassi



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...