Wednesday, March 13, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

This post makes me happy. I get to talk about one of my favorite shows and fashion. Elementary started this year after the highly successful Sherlock on the BBC. Though there are many parts of this show that has the purest in me screaming about Sherlockian integrity, I have to admit it keeps my attention.
The Doyle fan in me is glad they have kept the relationship between Watson and Holmes platonic. I enjoy that they show him studying his craft (the wall of locks) that is pure Holmes. Though a wall of locks is never mentioned in the books Holmes was always researching and studying new ways to deduce criminal behavior.
I am all for a modernized Holmes but the inclusion of the twin sisters (not going further on that) was way out of true Holmes nature. And the massive focus on the drug addiction gets a little old.
Lastly about the show let me first state that I am not a Lucy Liu fan. She has always kind of annoyed me, which is odd since I have never met her or seen many of the shows she has been in. But I do like her character here and her sense of style. She does  a lot of laying in New York tones (muted colors and lots of blacks and greys). 
Now I am not Lucy's size in anyones imagination, but I think I still pull off her style.
When I found the grey skirt at Macy's, I was so excited that I could try out her look. The rest I  already had in my closet.
Skirt: Macy's
Sweater: Mom's closet (it's been in mine for quite a while now)
Black denim Shirt: I can't remember
Boots: Bass Outlet
Necklace: Gift from Grandma

What are you wearing? Find out what the rest of blogland is wearing by linking up with the Pleated Poppy (What I Wore Wednesday)


~Cassi


Pin It


2 comments:

  1. Ahhh you look ADORABLE! Seriously, love the entire outfit. Preppy dressiness at it's best. And I haven't seen the show, but I may have to check it out!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So CUTE! I love the skirt and your inspiration outfit!

    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...