Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday


Fridays I fluctuate between Five Minute Fridays and InstaFriday. But we are all community here, right? They can be combined into one post.
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from this week that match the words of this week.

Topic: Rest

We all rest in different ways. The quiet moments of our lives may look different to each of us. It is hard not to judge those whose idea of rest is different than our own.
My husband he is a napper. He needs that 20 minutes of sleep to be whole, to feel rested. It's taken me a long to be OK with that time. I am not a napper. Those people who talk of power naps make no sense to me, you are awake or asleep for the day that is how I work. But through him I have seen the power of those who rest that way.
Weekend hotel trip
My daughter I have realized is a rester in words. Her quiet time is reading a book. To she curls up into a corner of the room, bed or car and hides away within the pages. I too love this type of rest and I use to think that was my resting style. And for some parts I think it is.
But other times I have realized that love the rest I get in comfort food and family meals. Just the peace in knowing everyone is home safe for the night. That we take the time to connect and be together. That gives me a sense of rest.
Sunday night Dinner
I have also learned that resting can be done in quiet conversations with friends. This past week I went to visit a friend and their new daughter. In those moments I can find rest in knowing that we all tell the same story. Though the words may be different, we all know feel of the plot.
Resting in the love of family, friends and God this weekend. Pray you are too.

~ Cassi

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Beautifully said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo...that was beautiful. Kind of made me tear up even. Wow...great five minutes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful thoughts. I loved it and I am glad I stopped in from Five Mintue Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! You're so right about how easy it is to judge others' style of rest. Now I'm going to figure out what my style is! Have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how I loved this post.

    I've never really thought about it..but it's so true, we all rest in different ways. I am a napper for sure...but I've noticed the older I get, the more I find I can rest with a book or by just doing something different from my daily routine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...