Friday, March 29, 2013

Fixed in Brokenness

Friday means Five Minute Fridays. So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from this week that match the words of this week.

Topic: Broken
I walked into work today and received a compliment on my pin. I love the pin also I said. It adds just the right amount of fun and glamour to any outfit I put it with.
With in seconds the pin broken.
There it is broken, no ability to do what it was made to do. Now I could have thrown it out at this point. I have no means to fix it at work. But instead I took out a bobby pin and twisted it through the thread and then through the threads on the jacket. Fixed.
Fixed in Brokenness... That is what we are, Steve and I everyone, we are fixed in our brokenness. God can make something work again when all we see is the broken shambles of what we thought was perfection. 

He calls us to be what he has made us to be, though we may feel like we are holding on with a bobby pin, we need to know that we are secure.

"True brokenness is a lifestyle - a moment-by-moment lifestyle of agreeing with God about the true condition of my heart and life - not as everyone else thinks it is but as He knows it to be."
Author: Nancy Leigh DeMoss
Source: Brokenness, The Heart God Revives, Moody Publishers, 2002, p. 53.


~ Cassi
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. "God can make something work again when all we see is the broken shambles of what we thought was perfection."

    That is lovely. Truly lovely.

    The story and pictures of the pin were a perfect fit for this post.

    I hopped over from Five Minute Friday. (My site is http://www.everydayawe.com)

    Have a wonderful Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fixed in our brokenness is such a beautiful way to explain it. Thanks for sharing on FMF.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...