Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Moving to obsession

"The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." ~ Sherlock Holmes -The Hound of the Baskervilles (Chapter 3)

I have moved from slight fascination to full on obsession this weekend. For those that may not know, I have been an avid Sherlock Holmes reader for quite some time now. I have read all the originals more than once and a fair view of the pastiches. I have watched most the shows and movies that have been made about the consulting detective. See the start of an obsession there. Well...


"You see, but you do not observe. The distinction is clear." ~ Sherlock Holmes -A Scandal in Bohemia

This weekend I attended a Sherlock Holmes study group. Yep, I made the leap from fan to geeky obsession. But you know what I loved it. I got to sit around for a few hours with nothing more pressing than to chat about a topic I love. It was great fun.

So much fun, that I think I will continue and even maybe join in for the Sherlock Holmes birthday party next month.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" ~ Sherlock Holmes in The Sign of the Four (Doubleday p. 111)

~ Cassi

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...